Oklahoma Physician Reviewers
The Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality (OFMQ), under subcontract with KFMC Health Improvement Partners (KFMC), is authorized by the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OCHA) to review hospital services provided to SoonerCare patients. Peer review is an important resource in OHCA’s effort to improve quality and efficiency of care for Medicaid beneficiaries across the state of Oklahoma. Currently, we are seeking Board-Certified physicians to review medical records. Peer Reviewers (PR) are reimbursed at an hourly rate for time spent doing medical case review.
Requirements to become a PR:
- Board certification in the specialty for which you will review
- Current, unrestricted license or certification as required for clinical practice in the state of Oklahoma
- Current certification by a recognized American medical specialty board
- Actively providing direct patient care
- At least five (5) years full-time equivalent experience providing direct clinical care to patients (FTE minimum of 37.5 hours per week)
- Experience providing direct clinical care to patients within the past three (3) years
- No history of disciplinary actions or sanctions
If you are interested in applying to become a Physician Peer Reviewer, please contact Tiffany Burrows at 785-271-4110 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also complete and submit the PR Application Packet included below.